crystal craft is a superb engineering with mesmerized innovation which changes the crystal in ever-changing, attractive and excellent color with unique shapes and size. Crystals are available in natural and artificial form.
Crystals are easily available in different size like domes, hemispheres, globes, bells, cones, tulips, wall sconces, cylinders, half cylinders, drums, bollards, and pyramids.
Swarovski crystals are man-made gems manufactured in Austria.
In 1892, Daniel Swarovski invented the revolutionary electric cutting machine for making precision-cut, beautiful, high-quality lead glass crystals using the production of crystal glass, quartz, sand, and minerals.
This allowed uses of crystals in crystal craft to be cut more precisely than by hand.
Crystal craft is an excellent hobby as it is economical to begin, simple to make basic designs and you could decorate almost anything you have.
It is possible to that crystal craft begin with little items such as your mobile phone or your sunglasses, advancement onto big items such as bags or clothing, and finally, if the need takes you, you can decorate an entire outfit.
It is cliche to say, but you’re really only limited by your very own imagination.
Before you begin purchasing crystals for any crustal craft, you need to know exactly what kind of crystals you need.
In crystal craft, Swarovski crystals are used in combination with precious and semi-precious gems, and metals plated with gold or silver.
Swarovski Crystal extensively used in jewelry making.
Uses of different type of crystals in crystal crafts:-
- Hotfixflat back crystals are pre-treated with heat sensitive glue. Hotfix flatback crystals can be easily applied by using a special tool to heat and melt the glue to be attached to a variety of clothing and fabric items in crystal craft.
- Rhinestones were known as rock crystals “rhinestone” for making any crystal craft it applies only to varieties of lead glass known as crystal glass.
- Chandelier crystals are also known as girandole, candelabra lamp, or least commonly suspended lights normally used in the light fixture designed to be mounted on ceilings or walls.
Chandeliers crystals extensively use in crystal craft use incandescent light bulbs, though some modern designs also use fluorescent lamps and recently LEDs.
What are the main features when you buy crystals?
The two chief differences between the varieties of crystals you’ll be able to buy.
- The first main features of the crystals you will need to purchase are that they’re flat backed. It’s a due to the flat back you could easily and safely attach them to the items you’re decorating.
- Second, you need to create a determination if you will need hotfix Crystal or non-hotfix crystals.
Swarovski non-hotfix flat back crystals also know as sequins, diamantes, and rhinestones and are loose crystal components with platinum foiling on the back (mirrored).
They have a flat underside and can be applied with glue to different materials and very are easy to glue. This depends on what object you’re planning to decorate.
Hotfix crystals are those that have the bonding adhesive pre-applied to the back.
Using such crystals you typically produce your design on a template, and after that use heat to bond the design into the item.
Using an iron is the most typical way to apply the heat. As a result of the hotfix crystals are utilized on objects that could easily be ironed.
Which means that both the form of the object and the fabric of the object has to be iron favorable. Unlike hotfix, these come with their apartment backs completely bare without a pre-applied glue.
Instead, you must add your very own adhesive utilizing a hot adhesive gun to every individual crystal as you go along.
The best use of those crystals is when you are decorating something which can’t be ironed.
Either due to its shape or the substance, it’s made out of. You’d use these kinds of crystals to decorate a cell phone case or clothing that’s made from synthetic fibers that could easily melt if ironed.
Apart from purchasing the crystals, you can need a few extra items to finish your crystal craft project.
If you are using hotfix then you’ll obviously need an iron, an ironing board and some type of heatproof cover you could, in fact, lay over your design whenever you iron.
You will also need tweezers and something you may create your design pattern on before you iron the entire thing onto your design.
OTHER USES OF CRYSTAL CRAFT
- Scientist use crystal craft`s because it has the preliminary version in which a device or vehicle from which other forms are developed.
- Engineers use crystal crafts for settling a benchmark or the of state of art development.
- Crystal crafts use in thermoforming(a process of heating a thermoplastic material and shaping it in a mold) sandlasting (A blast of air or steam carrying sand at high velocity to etch glass or to clean stone or metal surfaces.