Alexa is an intelligent personal assistant (IPA) (Intelligent personal assistant is software that has been designed to assist people with basic tasks, usually providing information using natural language) based technology which is developed by online E-Commerce company Amazon.
this technology is used as a digital assistant. Alexa setting unprecedented benchmark with the help of new technology perception of life is ease.
In twenty-first century upgraded technology transforming the necessities and helping the daily activity of life.
Alexa is competent of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audio books, providing weather, traffic, and other real-time information, such as live programs, news etc.
Alexa is a new generation of technology it can also control several smart devices using itself as a home automation system(It is a system which control and automation of lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and security ( Smart lock), apart from it this system control home appliances such as washer, dryers, ovens, refrigerators, and freezers.)
it is an advanced technology in which users can extend the Alexa capabilities by installing “skills” (additional functionality developed by third-party vendors, in other settings more commonly called apps).
Presently, interaction and communication with Alexa are available in English, German and Japanese. In future, it may be available in other languages.
• Amazon Echo is a hands-free smart speaker that you control using your voice.
• It connects to Alexa – a cloud-based voice service to play music, make calls, check weather and news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and much more.
• Echo has powerful speakers that fill the room with immersive 360° omnidirectional audio, and deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
• Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from your favorite music services like Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and TuneIn.
• Using multi-room music, you can even play music across multiple Echo devices at the same time.
• With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction-even in noisy environments or while playing music.
• Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App.
• Controls lights, plugs, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska, TP-Link, and Oakter.
• it is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to order food from Zomato, request a ride from Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and more.
Technical Specification of Amazine Echo:-
|Size||48.5 x 88 x 88 mm|
|Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process|
|Wi-Fi Connectivity||Supports 802.11 a/b/g/n. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||2.5” woofer and 0.6” tweeter|
|System Requirements||The Alexa App is compatible with Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available in all areas and may require separate subscriptions or other fees.|
|Warranty and Service||Amazon Echo is sold with a limited warranty of one year.|
|Included in the Box
|Amazon Echo, Echo Shell, power adapter/cable (1.8 m), Things to Try card and Quick Start Guide.|
- it allows hands-free convenience with voice control.
- Amazon Echo has a 2.5” downward-firing woofer and 0.6” tweeter powered by Dolby to deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass throughout the room.
- Use your Echo device to call or message anyone who has an Echo device or the Alexa app.
- Use Amazon Echo to switch on the lights before getting out of bed or dim the lights.
- Echo can hear you from across the room, even in noisy environments, or while playing music as it has seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation.
- Alexa doesn’t recognize all music apps.
- Alexa facing language problem, because it recognizes here to four languages like English, German and Japanese.
- Alexa prepared for Amazon, other app ( third party app) is not supported.
Amazon Alexa technology are available in different types and products are as follows:-